The Australian Native Bee Book by Tim Heard
256 pages of rich information.
"The Australian Native Bee Book Keeping stingless bee hives for pets, pollination and sugarbag honey", by Tim Heard, is a complete guide to keeping Australian native stingless bees including:
• Bee biology, behaviour, nesting, social life and foraging
• How to build your own native bee hive
• How to transfer a bee colony to a hive box and propagate hives
• All about sugarbag honey, including how to extract it from hives
• Managing your hive, including identifying and dealing with pests
• Using stingless bees for pollination - from small gardens to commercial crops
• A complete list of Australia's stingless bee species and their details.
Richly illustrated with over 500 full colour photos, drawings and charts to aid your learning.
Published by Sugarbag Bees 2016, ISBN 978-0-646-93997-1 (paperback)
256 pages. Page size 196 x 255 mm
The book weighs 1.25kg so is a little dear for postage but well worth the weight.