Kefir is a natural antibiotic & does not feed yeast. Just so goood for you.
Why is kefir so good for you?
• is a natural antibiotic
• does not feed yeast
• doesn't bother those who are lactose intolerant, because the beneficial microorganisms consume most of the lactose
• provides enzyme lactase, to digest remaining lactose
• coats the lining of the digestive tract, creating a nest for beneficial bacteria to colonize
Look the yummy ways we've been eating - and loving - kefir.
1. Kefir Cheese - This is much like yogurt cheese, where the whey has dripped out, leaving a thicker consistency that is spreadable like cream cheese. You can season it with herbed seasoning salt, herbs, or anything else you fancy, and then spread it on bread, biscuits, etc.
2. Probiotic Potato Salad - The secret to this probiotic potato salad is the kefir cheese used in the dressing. It is a tangy, delicious potato salad.
3. Salad Dressings - Use in place of yogurt in yogurt-based salad dressings. Experiment with adding it to other salad dressings.
4. Veggie Dip - Season up the kefir cheese and make a dip out of it. Just some homemade herbed seasoning salt is all it takes.
moothies - Try my chocolate kefir smoothie or summer fruit smoothie.
7.Popsicles - Use the kefir smoothie (#6) mix to make popsicles (tip from Annette of Sustainable Eats). My friend Amy suggests using an ice cube tray and toothpicks if you don't have an official popsicle tray.
This product requires long term storage in a refrigerator or freezer. Makes up to 100 Litres of Maintenance Free Kefir, Lyofast MT 036 LV, kefir Culture
Kit is supplied with 2 free sterile jars for storage of the kefir culture
& a tulle gauze for placing over a jar if used.
Forget all about having to feed your Kefir Grains regularly ... or having to treat them carefully if going on holidays, taking a break from kefir, or just being too busy with our modern day lifestyle.
Just keep a small jar of freeze dried culture in your freezer, and sprinkle a few grains directly into your milk, and wait 12 to 24 hours, before drinking.
3/4 fill a jar with milk, and sprinkle a few grains into the milk.
You can also use a very large jar, or Easiyo style container for larger quantities.
Even this small amount is more than needed.
Cover the jar with the tulle gauze provided, and store in a dark place for 12 to 24 hours.
The best temperature for growth of the culture is from 25° to 37°: C.
Give your kefir a stir, and either drink, or refrigerate before drinking.
You can add a teaspoon of sugar, for sweetness if you wish, or perhaps blend in some fruit, like blueberries.
Lyofast MT 036 LV - Kefir Culture Product Information
GMO Status The microbial strains are not genetically modified (GMO) in accordance with the European Directive 90/220/EEC. The strains are isolated from natural sources. The raw materials used are also GMO free in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 1829/2003 and Regulation (EC) 1830/2003.
Allergens The raw materials used are generally based on dairy ingredients. All materials are free of the following components and their derivates: peanut, tree nut, sesame, egg, fish, shellfish, mollusc, crustacean, sulphite, wheat, celery, mustard, soy and lupine.